The mission (goal) of FACE is to help parents be the best, first teachers of their children.
Certified Parent Educators who are trained by Parents As Teachers in using the Born to Learn™ curriculum provide home visits with the following goals:
- Help parents give their child the best possible start in life.
- Help parents feel competent and confident in parenting.
- Increase parents’ knowledge of child development.
- Promote strong bonds between parent & child.
- Detect potential learning problems early & connect parents with resources to address any delays.
Anthony and Mom (Jena)
are bonding. Face to
face talking builds
stronger bonds with
Center-Base – Accredited NAEYC* Preschool
- Children ages 3-5.
- Focus on Potawatomi Language and Culture..
- Learn school readiness skills.
- Learn through play.
- High/Scope (active learning) classroom.
- Ideal student/teacher ratio (low numbers with a certified teacher).
- Parents spend time in classroom (Parent and Child Together/ PACT time).
- Parents and children eat breakfast & lunch together.
- Center-base staff trained by National Center for Family Literacy.
*NAEYC=National Association for the Education of Young Children
Brayden and Brandon
work on a project
during PACT time.
- Adults learn job skills, work on high school completion, GED, computer literacy, culture and language, etc.
- Adults share and learn more about parenting.
- Group choice of Parent Time activities.
- Adults spend quality time with their child-no house cleaning, cooking, other interruptions.
- Adults play with and teach their children.
- Transportation and meals provided.
- Meet Monday – Thursday; 8:30-3:00.
at an early age.
Monthly meetings of center and home base families.
- Variety of topics.
- Free transportation, meals, childcare.
- Chance to meet with other parents.
Meeting Your Family’s Needs
- Parent to Parent Support
- Regular screenings done on all children
- Parents involved in screening process
- Father friendly, encourages and supports fathers’ participation
- Parent Training Programs
- Access to support programs such as Early On
- Early Intervention in a natural setting with speech therapist, occupational therapist, psychologist, behavior specialist, or others
- Support for Family Needs by offering each family an Individual Plan for their child’s success
- Service coordination for families Parenting is a life long journey. Having support makes the journey more enjoyable!
Phone – 466-2952
Ann Viau – 723-2727
Cara Koster – 723-2719
Preschool Classroom – 466-2952 ext. 7736
Preschool Office – 466-2952
Cynthia DeFiore – ext. 7753
Christine Webber – ext. 7794
Amy Hall – 723-2711
Coordinator/Director of State and Federal Programming
Rose Potvin – 466-2952 ext. 7774
You Are Not Alone
We are here to help you access the resources that your family deserves. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their education do better in school.
FACE makes a difference!
Family Literacy Program Serving Hannahville & surrounding area